Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fire...good!

Flew into Seattle yesterday. Surprisingly, I'm only on my second Starbucks since my arrival. It was a classic "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" type of day yesterday. Car to the airport, flight to Seattle, Train to downtown, Bus to about a mile from the bikes, hike for the last mile with all my gear. Felt like I had done my Crossfit WOD by the time I got to the motorcycles. Did a quick safety inspection, made an inventory of stuff to fix before Jeska arrives Wednesday morning. Then packed my bike and went off to find a campsite for the night. First attempt was a fail. (could they have waited just one more night for me?)
Found another nice location just down the road at Dash Point. Realized pretty quickly the things I was missing. No lantern, no matches, no lighter. Oh....and it's the rain forest.....so everything is wet! Fortunately for me the German family down the road from me, on their year long camping trip, was more prepared than I was! A little lighter fluid....okay...a LOT of lighter fluid and a lighter do wonders for getting wet wood to burn. Guess today will be another shopping trip at REI. MY dividend should be good this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment